Voyager Park in De Pere is probably my favorite local field trip in spring, summer, and fall…okay, winter, too. The park has a lot to offer beyond picnic tables and playground equipment and you don’t need to do much in the way of preparation to have some fun. So what’s there to do? Read on.
1. People watch- especially interesting right now: Pokemon-Go fanatics, wedding parties, and fishermen.
2. Watch the boats go by- from kayaks to river boats, there’s a lot of action on the Fox River.
3. Declare your love- add a lock to the locks on Sunset Point.
4. Read the messages on the locks.
5. Watch wildlife- The birds! So many birds!
6. Watch the sunset with someone you love.
7. Stop to smell the flowers.
8. Walk across the “hanging bridge”.
9. And then watch the lock tender operate the locks.
10. Bring a football or frisbee and play in the wide open green spaces. For good old fashioned fun, roll down a hill with your kids.
11. Read a book…forgot to bring one? There’s a library right next to the park
And fishing and writing and taking photos and…the list goes on and on. What would you add?