I’m going way back to my seventh grade writing class taught by my friend’s mom, Ann (quite possibly the best writing teacher ever). I discovered this piece of writing during my annual January Closet Purge. Boy, did P and I giggle as we read and re-read my old writing samples. My handwriting has improved since then, I think, but much has remained the same.
- I still love to write.
- I no longer write, while in a writing fit, on the toilet.
- Writing before bed is no longer realistic. I write best in the mornings. By Friday I can barely stay awake long enough for my head to hit the pillow.
- I no longer prefer writing with pens. I love the click, click, click of the keyboard.
- I still like to write surrounded by people and activity. Ideally in a cafe or coffee shop, but lately the noise and activity is all provided by my son.
- I don’t like to spy on people with “binocks”, but I do love it when people leave their drapes open so I can see what they did with their living room.
- I’m not sure what apple picking has to do with the writing process, but it’s still fun.
- I still <3 free writing.