The Great GPS Egg Hunt was eggcellent!
What we loved:
- It wasn’t over in a flash. The egg hunt lasted one and a half hours.
- We spent some great time together. We laughed A LOT.
- P, though sometimes frustrated, got a lot of practice giving directions (left and right can still be a challenge) and reading the map on the Google Maps app.
- it was a low pressure opportunity to rely on persistence and handling frustration. It was especially helpful that he knew there was a basket of goodies at the end of the hunt.
What I’d do differently next time:
- Test out the coordinates to be sure they were accurate. I had to claim to have gotten more detailed directions from the Easter Bunny twice because the coordinates were just off enough that P would have been looking forever to find that egg…
- Add a clue with each of the coordinates to help P start looking in the right area. I always parked close to the egg’s location, but every single time we stopped at one of the locations, he took off looking in the opposite direction.
- Add more stops. We didn’t want it to end!